Image hosted by Photobucket.com

IT'S OFFICIAL! Jack Daniel's is a Sellout!



I never thought I'd see the day I would say this, "Jack Daniel's Sucks!
On the surface it seems like the same Jack we've always known and loved. However. The company decided to make a change to No.7 ...The whiskey now registers 80 proof, instead of 86.

WHY?
In the response to my letter of complaint to the company, The master brewer told me, most people like to "cut it" with soda or water anyway, they want the taste without it being quite so strong...

BULLSHIT!!!

The REAL JD drinkers love Jack straight... PERIOD! Let the yuppie wanna-be's drink a wine cooler or a Lynchburg Lemonade if they want, but don't even TRY to say you're a real No.7 lover...

Now, you might say "Big Deal, 80proof (40%) or 86proof (43%)...what's the difference?" The difference is JD is a southern tradition, it's a piece of who we are. "Made the same way since 1866" is now a bunch of crap! True southerners and real Americans don't "take kindly" to sellouts. I don't like people who try to cheat people that made them what they are. I hate the fact that they are selling me less Jack and more water and still charging the same price. The same way I hate record companies that now pay next to nothing for a CD as opposed to tape or vinyl and charge MORE for it!

I guess it's time to embrace the "coal country" traditions that I'm now surrounded by. Living in Schuylkill County PA has it's own traditions. I recently made my first batch of "Boilo"... Don't know what boilo is? Don't worry, I'll be posting my own recipe in future posts... send yours for me to post, if you'd like...

Yeah, if I'm at a club I'm probably still gonna order a good old No.7, but I will no longer feel comradery with the guy two stools down with the pierced tongue ordering one too...

Stay at your end of the bar and I'll stay at mine... wuss...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

this is my blog, if you don't like it I've done a good job...Bohica