Image hosted by Photobucket.com

HOLI-DAZE... my head is spinning

Like every year, the holidays have arrived and I have not bought a thing for anyone until the last minute. And the one thing I thought I had planned as the perfect gift blew up in my face...

My neice had mentioned playing the violin in school. Being a musician, the first thing that popped into my head "Buy her a violin!"

Yeah, it would have been great... however, there was no more room in the school class and there are no private teachers where she lives... Xmas gift, screwed...

This year I actually thought about buying my wife a gift using the Golden Rule: "Nothing that must be plugged in!" ...I was going to buy her a beautiful ring. Problem, no idea what size she wears, does she know? of course not... So next year I will also add to the golden rule "nothing that I must put together"

Last year, the perfect gift was for my cousin who is a guitarist. I used to play with a guy who went on to considerable success in the genre of music known to my cousin. IDEA! Have him send me out some picks, autographed posters etc and make a nice display. How could you go wrong? A gift that can't be bought... stuff from a true star... I would be the hero...

Well...

It was great until the early part of January when he was picked up by police on charges of suspected, uh, sex offenses...

That's it... next year every one will get the "5 to 1 George system" ...Five bucks for every year old they are... Who'd complain?

Now all I have to do is find the Perfect card...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

this is my blog, if you don't like it I've done a good job...Bohica