Image hosted by Photobucket.com

AMERICAN IDOL... Yeah, I watch it...

Whenever I mention that I watch American Idol I get the strangest looks...

I mean, why is that so odd? I'm a musician, I sing, college music theory, I've worked with an impressive number of high level stars in the music business... Why wouldn't I watch?

Yeah, I know the first few shows are just there to show off the fools who show up at the auditions... the people who are just there to goof off... the ones with limited mental ability, the strippers that think they can sing, and the REALLY scary ones, the ones that think they are god's gift to music and really suck!

This last group is possibly the most aggravating... I can actually sing a bit and have made money doing it and I wouldn't even dream that I could pass the audition. These jackasses walk in like they are the next Whitney, Mariah or Elvis and sound like screaming babies or drunken karaoke losers... Then, when they get denied, they curse, whine and scream like only the untalented can seem to do...

This year there are some good singers... Paris is FANTASTIC! I think she should win it all... However, then you have a guy who's about 16... nerdy looking as hell, and doesn't even have a good voice... How did this guy get thru this far?

I also enjoy watching the song choices. Some people have NO CLUE when it come to songs that will work... Unknown and going nowhere might work for Oscar nominees, but these people need all the help they can get...

...and then my fav of the year, Elliot Yamin... a guy who sings ok but looks like he just came off the farm... and it all comes down to the teeth... PLEASE, if you are going on national tv, GET YOUR TEETH FIXED!!! It's a small investment in your future...

One of my newer fav movies is "Brother, Where Art Thou" ...it's about a couple of hayseeds who sing and have a wild adventure... I can't help but see the resemblance in these two gents... maybe I'm wrong, what do you think?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

this is my blog, if you don't like it I've done a good job...Bohica